Whale sharks: Report an Encounter
Upload any of your pictures at anytime, from anywhere to help with the global whale shark research. Here are the easy steps for uploading your images.
- Visit ECOCEAN: the whale shark identification library
- Enter the date which you saw the whale shark
- Do NOT enter the sex, unless you are certain
- Give the closest location, or GPS coordinates if possible to where you were when the encounter occurred
- Include any other observations or information if possible
- Giving your email address is not only required, but you will also get global updates with further sightings of your shark, as well as inform you about who your shark is. Their spot pattern is like a finger print, so researchers are able to discern exactly ‘who’ you saw!
- Lastly, include your images. Examples are given below of desired photographs, however any reporting and evidence is useful.
© 2013 Eyes On The Horizon | Website by Kablooey Studios